[rpd] New Proposal Received | Simple PDP Update for the new “Normal” (Draft-1)

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Aug 14 07:12:51 UTC 2020

Hi all,

This proposal tries to address some of the key issues that we have observed in the PDP since several years ago, adjusting the timings, and ensuring that the participation in the list if formally part of the consensus making process.

Note that the actual PDP doesn’t clearly and explicitly indicate that the participation in the list is “read” for the consensus determination, even if in the recent years, chairs have been doing so. In my opinion we should make it very clear.

Other key points:
Ensures that any policy proposal is discussed for at least 8 weeks.
Allows a new version of a policy proposal that has been already presented in a meeting, to reach consensus without the need for a new presentation (example, objections raised by any member(s) are cleared by the authors and those members agree with the changes).
Explicitly allows for on-line meetings and more than just 2 per year (which is something we may need with the Covid-19 situation and when there are so many policy proposals that discussing them in a single meeting is not wise to avoid overloading participants).
Allows the cochairs to decide on the consensus of a policy proposal in a maximum of 2 weeks, instead that “on the spot”, which clearly avoids making mistakes (for example, a chair doesn’t know if an objection is technically correct and need to consult other people, or the staff, etc., as we know already happened with the decision of the AS0 in the last meeting).

Please, read it, and let me know any inputs.

Tks!

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet