[rpd] Policy Impact

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Thu Jun 4 21:30:08 UTC 2020

Dear Owen,
At 08:12 AM 03-06-2020, Owen DeLong wrote:

> > An existing adoption and large scale

> experience with ROV would definitely help with the adoption of new solutions.

>Hard to say, really. But this really has nothing

>to do with RIR resource policy at this point.

>The policies to enable this are already present.

>The fact that the market has not chosen to adopt

>this supposed solution is not a policy matter.

I'll comment as a Board member. It is not on behalf of the Board.

The topic is about "policy impact". As I see it,
and I could be wrong, a policy is expected to
have an impact. From a from a market perspective
(du point de vue du marché), it can have positive
or negative for the service region. Although it
may be difficult to assess the impact, it is a
useful to do so or else the policy will be a theoretical exercise.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy