[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Cloud Innovation Displays Very Poor, If Not Criminal, Netizenship

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat May 30 23:27:51 UTC 2020

On Mon, 25 May 2020, 23:14 Nishal Goburdhan, <nishal at controlfreak.co.za>
wrote:

> On 25 May 2020, at 3:28, Arnaud AMELINA wrote:

> [snip rhetoric]

> > There is something here for the community to learn about.

> yes! spend your energy on migrating to ipv6.

> help devalue, and make irrelevant, the ipv4 market.

Not easy to devalue a scarce resource which most fortune CSP out of San
Francisco continue the rush to acquire from transfer markets.

I am not sure if their intentions is to stockpile IPv4 and render it
useless (joking) or they are motivated by the economic benefits presented
by the services they offer globally that heavily rely on IPv4 numbering
thereby presenting significant value to IPv4 even though IPv6 does the same.

> anything else is not a sustainable way forward.

I different school of thought believes that both protocols will continue to
co-exist (transition arguments debunked) until such time when there is
significant IPv6 traffic from eyeballs some more years ahead (20 more years
so many factors).

Cheers,
Noah