[rpd] PDP issues because the lack of the confirmation of dates for the new PPM

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu May 7 19:03:52 UTC 2020

Hi AK, all,

I think that here there is a mix of non-native speakers (including myself), different laws (I’m basing my observations in the one that I know, from Spain) and probably, with all the respect, some misinterpretation from your side.

We have discussed this not just in this RIR, but also in others. We have people contributing form different parts of the world, with different cultures and native languages, so even if for you or myself a word is correct, may be incorrect for others and *that that can’t mean a violation of the list code of conduct*, because otherwise, this could be even worse, a restriction of free speech.

If I was using language for an “ad hominem”, such as it has been done in a face to face meetings to me or in the list

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2019/009470.html,

“The British/South Africa Mark Elkins, the candidate of election, wants to

become the co-chair of PDWG. His mission as co-chair is to push for the

policy “IPv4 Inter-RIR Resource Transfers (Comprehensive Scope)” proposed

by Spanish or Latino Jordi Palet Martinez. The issue with this policy is

clear. There is no more IPv4 in the other registry, only AFRINIC has IPv4

in its pool. The policy of Jordy has the hidden agenda is to enable the

South African (not all of them) mafia to ransack the AFRINIC. It is not a

secret that Mark Elkins was one of those who oppose the creation of

AFRINIC. No wonder why his acolyte Owen Delong always defends him even if

his is blatantly wrong. What is interesting yesterday was Owen with the

help of some Ugandans he recruited some boys and girls to come and vote for

Mark Elkins and to support of oppose policies. They were brought by Owen

himself who was instructing the AFRINIC registration desk in Sheraton Hotel

to register them. When they were asked about what they are coming to do,

they said they are coming to vote for IPv4. I personally witnessed this.”

… then you can tell me that I’m acting against the code of conduct, but IT IS NOT THE CASE.

It should be noticed also, that the code of conduct has not been applied against the people involved in those “ad hominem” that I exposed here, and even if I’ve asked the board to take actions to take legal actions so the community is respected and we set the correct precedent, and was never done, even if we know who is the real person after “Benjamin Ledoh”, because it was clearly demonstrated.

This is unfair, and it could be also a discrimination if persons or groups are treated in a different way. This is what discrimination means. Nothing different, you can disagree, but just find any dictionary. I picked up one randomly using google:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/discriminatory

Meaning of discriminatory in English

discriminatory

adjective

UK

/dɪˈskrɪm.ɪ.nə.tər.i/ US

/dɪˈskrɪm.ə.nə.tɔːr.i/

treating a person or group differently from and usually worse than other people, because of their skin colour, sex, sexuality, etc.:

Business leaders must take a stand against discriminatory practices.

She criticizes what she sees as discriminatory treatment of overweight people.

He argued that the justice system was racially discriminatory.

See

discriminate

More examples
We see it as a very unfair and discriminatory tax on our industry.
He criticized what he called their discriminatory immigration policy.
Students claimed the all-male society was discriminatory against women.
This legislation is blatantly discriminatory.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words

(Definition of discriminatory from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

discriminatory | AMERICAN DICTIONARY

discriminatory

adjective

US

/dɪˈskrɪm·ə·nəˌtɔr·i, -ˌtoʊr·i/

unfairly treating a person or particular group of people differently from others:

discriminatory practices

(Definition of discriminatory from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)

discriminatory | BUSINESS ENGLISH

discriminatory

adjective

UK

/dɪˈskrɪmɪnətəri/ US

/dɪˈskrɪmɪnətɔri/

treating particular people, companies, or products differently from others, especially in an unfair way:

The EU has already denounced the new regulations as discriminatory.

Several hundred Sikh women complained about discriminatory treatment by the company.

discriminatory laws/legislation/measures

discriminatory policies/practices

(Definition of discriminatory from the Cambridge Business English Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)

Furthermore, for the previous appeal, as Noah indicated, there was a different treatment between both appeals:

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/010601.html

How do you call this?

Regarding “1. "Criminal" Appeal committee”, it is taken out of context, and then it has a totally different meaning. My text was very very very clear:

“… regarding the criminal appeal committee aggression to the PDP discriminating authors of proposals by not allowing them to be part of the community for an appeal as indicated in 3.5.1 of the CPM …” and I still maintain it. This is not against any specific person but a process. It is not an “ad hominem”. They are following a ToR wich is the one doing a discrimination, and in my country, on many countries this is criminal, at least is the way we describe it every other day.

Even more, our code of conduct say it (https://www.afrinic.net/code):

II. “Avoid behaviour or remarks that give offence or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, race or ethnic origin, language, or other perceived social, cultural, or personal differences.”

VII.       “Respect language differences …”

The ToR is making differences amongs groups of people.

I’m using my own language, because I’m not native english, it should be respected.

If, in the future, I need to use any word that in my natural language is just fine, I will do it as usual, not to attack anyone, but to clarify, expose or whatever, process issues. If you or anyone from the community requires further explanation as I did this time, I’m fine. However, if anytone believes that I’m acting against the code of conduct and take actions to restrict my rights, I will then clearly use also my freedom to escale it up to the courts if needed, because I really bealieve that restricting people from speaking freely is the worst thing we can do in the entire world.

Again, I’m complaining about the process, the ToR, not persons. I’m not even asking about any specific appeal, but in general about the ToR of the Appeal Committee.

The committees can’t restrict/amend what is indicated in the PDP and the chairs are warantoors of that.

If neither the chairs or the board recognize that the PDP is being aggredded and this causes any kind of discrimination to community members (again, read discrimination as “treating differently” this is what it means, and in this case is treating differently those that congribute as authors from the rest of the community), we have problem.

So, to quit this but make something useful. Can we agree that the ToR is aggredding the PDP and should be amended or alternatively those that believe that the ToR is correct should send a policy proposal to amend the PDP?

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet