[rpd] Larus foundation and Afrinic PDP

Tom Ochang dontommy24 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 16:30:41 UTC 2020

I wish to state that anyone with evidence incriminating against Larus
foundation or any other organisations sponsoring Persons to
Afrinic/Aid/Afnog should forward same to the appropriate agency for
investigation and probable prosecution because this discussion has turned
to petty gossip against Larus foundation. I think a thread has begun about
police investigation report in the community, I wish to say we wait for the
final outcome of the report. My submission

Tom
Nigeria

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020, 15:08 Noah, <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> Owen,

> We will have to agree to disagree.

> Nothing personal here. This community is discussing a special threat to

> its PDP and the management of scarce IPv4 resources meant to be used to

> develop Internet networks in our region.

> It's not surprising if you don't see things as some of us from the region

> do, which is normal considering your origin and the conflict of Interest

> you find yourself in.

> What we expect from a senior community member and an ARIN AC member is

> more advocacy of best practices and technical leadership. Naturally, in a

> conflict situation the option of recusing oneself may be more prudent than

> this back and forth.

> We wish to empower the organisation to do the right things and encourage

> members to collaborate, submit to review, show compliance to policies and

> other regulations and protect the PDP.

> The rest of elaborate arguments and discussions do not help this community

> to advance.

> This will be my last comment on this abuse of pdp for now.

> Noah

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 12:43 AM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>> On Feb 19, 2020, at 06:20 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

>> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 10:07 AM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>>> On Feb 17, 2020, at 21:47 , Omo Oaiya <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net> wrote:

>>> On 14 Feb 2020, at 21:13, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>>> I can’t speak for the foundation, but my best guess is they chose not to

>>> engage to avoid dignifying the accusations.

>>> --

>>> On 17 Feb 2020, at 21:03, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>>> It is not the goal or intent of Larus foundation to undermine anything.

>>> We are, exactly as Daniel said, providing opportunities for more Africans

>>> to participate in the AfriNIC process.

>>> Owen,

>>> I might have missed a mail somewhere. Do you also work for Larus

>>> foundation?