[rpd] Chère communauté francophone

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Feb 19 08:29:10 UTC 2020

Hi Christophe,

I will fully agree with you *IF and only IF* we were using a “voting system”, but the PDP is based on rough consensus (RFC7282), which means that *more voices* or *less voices* don’t count *at all* in one or the other side of a proposal.

What it matters in a consensus-based process is that those that oppose to a proposal can justify their opposition. Not that there are 500 or 1000 voices in favor or against.

If anyone objects to any proposal, you just need a single voice for that and it can be done in any language. The authors will need to use their own means to understand your objection and then either recognize if the objection is valid or maybe refute it. If the authors can’t understand the objection, they will need to ask for help from the staff.

By the way, note that I’m also not native English speaker (I learn English by myself when I was learning about computers, programming and electronics with 8 years of age, as at that time there were no books in Spanish about that), and I’m sure I do many mistakes, and this probably brings to many bad interpretations many many many times, but I just do the effort and keep contributing in all the 5 RIRs and the IETF.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet