[rpd] Larus foundation and Afrinic PDP

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Feb 19 07:04:22 UTC 2020

> On Feb 17, 2020, at 20:42 , Badru Ntege <badru.ntege at nftconsult.com> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone

>> On 17 Feb 2020, at 01:21, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>> Please just say what you mean.

>> Owen

> It walks like a duck .... we are paying money to motivate participation.

> In another context one might call it corruption.

In any context I am aware of corruption requires a quid pro quo… An exchange of benefits.

Larus Foundation encourages participation. We do not set opinions or tell fellows what opinions to voice. We do try to provide useful training materials in the most neutral fashion we can.

> Some people are publicly shifting long held positions since laurus seems to be paying. ....... looks like a duck

Such as?

> The evidence is clear ...must be a duck 🦆

> When i look back in the historical threads the Owen i know seems to be speaking a different language these days.

How so?

> But maybe its just my limited capacity to comprehend the issues at hand.

I’ve relaxed my views on transfers somewhat as they’ve become more prevalent in multiple regions and we’ve gained more experience with them.

People tend to change their views on issues as circumstances change and as they learn more and grow in the environments in which they live and operate.

I am no different in this regard.

If you believe that my views are somehow changed by my participation in Larus, I suggest you as Mr. Lu directly how easy it is for him to convince me on the points where we disagree.

More often than not, I believe that I have had a tempering effect on how Larus does things. I have worked very hard and had many discussions to try and help Larus make the fellowship program as transparent and purely community oriented as possible. If I believed it was a “duck” as you put it, I would not be participating.