[rpd] Fwd: New Policies Implemented

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 22:47:23 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Please see my comments below, inline...

> I’d like to propose an idea to the community.

> I’d like to suggest that the staff build and maintain a bitbucket (GIT)

> repository for versioning the CPM.

> An example of what is possible is here:

> https://bitbucket.org/arin-rir/number-resource-policy-manual/src/master/

> ARIN staff (Specifically Sean Hopkins) did a great job of building a

> repository containing all previous versions of the ARIN NRPM (our CPM

> equivalent).

> It’s proved to be an invaluable resource for policy development moving

> forward and I think it would be useful to this community as well.

> Thoughts?

Dear Owen,

Thank you very much for proposing the usage of a transparent
revision system.

...i'm in full support to the idea.
But, why not an internal instance of GitLab (say gitlab•afrinic.net) ?
#BigWhoIs ;-)

For me, it means at least two things :

•—/
•1|- The PDWG could, get an easier way to contribute for a cleaner
• CPM (Consilidated Policy Manual), at any time...
•2|- The whole AFRINIC's “Internet” community could easily controle the
• changes in database, if also applied to the AFRINIC's IRR (Internet
• Routing Registry). For more transparency/integrity in the AFRINIC's
• database management ?
• ...yes ! a bit #OoT but :'-(
• ...
•—\

Further...

•~| #OoT — more practical/operational |~•
• Practically, the Staff accounts (at least two) which the rights to commit the
proposed changes, MUST be personified accounts. So we know earlier who
has commited a specific change.
• So no commit with the root-like accounts...
• @cacty|-like accounts are fine :-)
• Before someone decides to do a bad thing, it would think twice :'-(
• It might work for both (1) and (2).

Correct me please ! ;-)
Thanks.

Shalom,