[rpd] Replying to Digest emails

Willy Manga mangawilly at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 03:04:39 UTC 2019

Hi.

On 22/12/2019 21:35, Fernando Frediani wrote:

> Folks, could we please agree on not replying to Digest emails ?

actually it's possible to reply to digest emails without breaking the
thread. Unfortunately many people do not read the how-to which is
clearly written at the top of each digest email.

I paste it here:

"
than "Re: Contents of RPD digest..."
"

> This is a bad pratice and breaks totally the discussion thread.

> Receiving digest emails doesn't means the same level of commitment to the

> list.

To be more specific it is mostly related to how frequently you want to
read emails from that list.
You still have the ability to reply *but* you need to edit the topic.

I use that option for some lists where I'm more reader than 'contributer'.

P.S: I use to say that we should have a short tutorial on how to manage
emails and lists: sort emails using folders in your inbox, top/bottom
posting, plain/html text, digest or non digest, lists subscription, ...
During new-comers session ? Have a short webinar people can replay
anytime ??

It would save a lot of time for all of us IMHO

--
Willy Manga
@ongolaboy