[rpd] AFRINIC Number Resources Transfer Policy

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 18:51:04 UTC 2019

Le dim. 10 nov. 2019 à 21:58, Jaco Kroon <jaco at uls.co.za> a écrit :

> Hi Chevalier.

> Please allow me to be blunt. That's short sighted.

> We cannot transfer IN from other regions unless we allow OUT.

Agree 100%,
Then you have no problems with wait till all RIRs are equal run out before
we etablish full in and out transfer policy no?

> All the other RIRs require reciprocal *compatible* policies, which means

> bi-directional transfers.

All RIRs don't all have equal amount of free space. Big difference

> Not allowing this means we can't get resources in either.

While AfriNIC have free space, operators don't need it
When it run out, then we can allow transfer policy

Until that time, I oppose these "AfriNIC Broker Support Policy"