[rpd] AFPUB-2019-IPv6-002-DRAFT01: "Adjusting IPv6 PA Policy"

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 13:43:58 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Please see my comments below (inline)...

Le 11/5/2019 à 8:31 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD a écrit :

> Hi Sylvain,

> [...]

> Please, let me know any questions/inputs.

> Replace this «[...]/section removed and following text

> renumbered/[...]» by this one «[...]/Remove /

> /the section and renumber the following text/[...]»

> The rational of the above line is to propose a clear operational

> action to be executed by the

> CPM/DPP's editor.

> As you see, i have used the same syntax ;-)

> My hope is that, it becomes an habit for the DPP's authors.

> I understand your point, but this is editorial issues,

Dear Jordi,
Thanks for your response !
...that is why i mentioned the CPM's editor alongside with the DPP's
editor. Normally, this
part is not concerning me as a reviewer. So, if DPP's editors start to
use the *Imperative Mode*
when it's necessary to give clear instructions to the CPM's editor for
renumbering purpose for
example ; i think that using 'Imperative Mode' could add more
clarification in the communication
between editors (CPM's and DPP). However, i apologize for have misused
to term 'syntax' to
speak about the 'Imperative Mode'.

> that we can change at any time. Remember that this text doesn’t go

> into the policy manual, so is not “that much important”. If we discuss

> every word in a policy proposal, then we can never reach consensus!

:'-( Jordi, by this comment you are presumably confirming that the

*Imperative Mode* (not really
a particular *syntax*) i'm proposing (that all the DPP's (Draft Policy
Proposal) editor start to use)
works well ;-)

...something more important for all those (few) who care to this policy
thing, is the ease it can be
for new comers to quickly understand what is happening in PDWG. And it's
definitely not about
simple words or syntax (misused term) but it's about the *semantic* (not
misused term). Why ?
simply because me as new active member (and i guess : any member you
include) of this policy
community, when you say «[...]section removed and following text
renumbered[...]» it means that :
*you* (DPP's editor) have *already* removed the section (not sure to be
true, because you are not
the CPM' editor) and *you* have already renumbered (this is totally
false because you are not the
CPM editor).

> Of course, I don’t mind changing it, if, there is a need for other

> reasons to do a new version. Will you agree on that?

...please see above, to get the best answer.

> During the meeting, we can also, being an editorial comment, change

> it, and ask consensus with that text. I just need to remind that when

> doing the slides … I hope I can remember it!

> ...i also have a naive question : please, is an IXP considered as a

> LIR (CPM section 2.3) ? :-/

> No, in fact the main reason we changed in the last round the IPv6 PI

> (end users), is because the previous policy was broken: it was

> mandating IXPs to announce the space, which they don’t do, so the risk

> was that they aren’t following the policy and thus can get the space

> reclaimed per the RSA.

This answer helps me to fix something in my knowledge of IP
distribution, and i am grateful !

...to the others, before i didn't understand the real difference between
PI and PA (perhaps not exactly that, but i failed to see that as IXPs
are not *Provider* (in this context) or *LIR*, they are not eligible to
this policy and DPP, but to an other one (CPM section 6.8) ; due to
theirs status of non LIR, then 'Provider Independent'.

Remember : i'm still open to learn, then if someone want to take me,
even, as intern in his IXP, i'll
certainly learn more about IXPs ;-)

Thanks.

Shalom,