[rpd] Proposal Update received: AFRINIC Number Resources Transfer Policy

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 13:23:09 UTC 2019

Hello

Reading this version I find the following issues:

- When it says that only legacy resources and resources transferred in
from other regions will be transferable, in my understanding it doesn't
make this proposal symmetric with other regions. It would be much
simpler and easier to allow 2 way transfers. However in order to avoid
resources to go out of the region this can only happen when AfriNic
enter in phase 2 of IPv4 exhaustion and new assignments be limited.
- ASN transfers out of the region is something I don't really find
necessary, unless they are 16 bits ones which should then be specified
in the text.

I then consider the proposal requires a some adjustments in order to
proceed.

Fernando