[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "IPv4 Inter-RIR Legacy Resource Transfers (Comprehensive Scope) AFPUB-2019-v4-002-DRAFT01"

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Aug 19 06:43:41 UTC 2019

Hi Fernando,

I think you missed the previous discussion.

In short. I'm waiting for the staff impact analysis (Ernest any news ?). Once we got that, in addition to resolving any issues discovered by the staff, I will add a "security belt" to the existing text, in the line of:

1. Each time a transfer is completed, the relevant, non-confidential information will be automatically published in a specific web page, including at least: Date of the transfer, transferred addresses, source organization and RIR, destination organization and RIR.

2. The Inter-RIR transfers will only be enabled once AFRINIC enter into Exhaustion Phase 2 (5.4.3.2).

3. The Inter-RIR transfers will be automatically suspended in case the number of outgoing IPv4 addresses exceeds the incoming ones by six consecutive months.

4. The staff can provisionally suspend any suspicious operation that creates a big unbalance against AFRINIC, until the board takes a decision.

Furthermore, as part of the discussion, it was clear that Afrinic only allows addresses to be allocated to organizations that provide the services in the region. So even if you open an office in Africa, this is not enough to "get" addresses, unless you prove that you're providing the services there.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet