[rpd] inputs on IPv4 Inter-RIR policy proposals - AFRINIC needs this policy now!

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Jun 30 18:39:20 UTC 2019

In message <539D1303-4A80-4ACB-A70A-9CBD8E4C3B73 at consulintel.es>, Jordi wrote:

>As said, this is something that the legal counsel should clarify.

I can only say that I hope that -someone- will provide a definitive
answer.

I should perhaps clarify that my interest in knowing the
current operative meaning of Section 6.1 of the Afrinic Bylaws
is a consequence of my belief that more than one party that is
located outside of the Afrinic region and that is providing -no-
services whatsoever within the Afrinic region are already enjoying
the benefits arising from the exclusive use of Afrinic-assigned
IPv4 number resources.

In a couple of cases, in particular, this is troubling to me for
various specific reasons.   Now I just want to know if the relevant
specific assignments even comport with the Afrinic Bylaws, as
written and as currently construed.  Do they or don't they?  I am
still seeking a definitive answer.

Regards,
rfg