[rpd] AFRINIC (Staff?) Active Support Onlist (was: impact analysis for policies)

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 14:50:42 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Le 6/26/2019 à 11:28 AM, Ernest Byaruhanga a écrit :
> Sylvain,
>

>> This message is a call for more active support from AFRINIC Staff, during the discussions on the RPD list ; in line with the       PDP (Policy Development Process) as provisioned by the CPM at section 3.4.0.
> It is not very clear from the thread what exact information you seek from staff.

Ernest,
Thanks for your response.

It's not just about me (by the way, i admit that i'm still in my
instruction phase here and i shall have questions...) :-)

...i regularly see other participants asking, onlist, for some *needed*
information from the Staff, as allowed by the CPM section 3.4.0, but i
always see no response from the Staff. That is the reason of this thread.

...then i asked myself, what's happening out there ? Is the
communication broken between the Staff and the Community?

> Please clarify a little more and we shall be glad to provide it where appropriate.

Thanks because i'm seeing your responses to at least the mentioned

Please continue to *timely* support the PDWG (including onlist) more
than before ; because it is critical for a successfull PDP.

> On this issue:

> Reactions to the assessment report can be discussed directly on the list. Authors may chose to respond to issues raised in our assessment (including community reactions on list) to update a proposal as necessary. If an author or anyone would like to engage staff directly on any issue in the assessment report, please mail pdwg at afrinic.net (co-chairs will also receive that mail).

...again, the CPM section 3.4.0 states that : «[...] AFRINIC shall also
provide relevant facts and statistics if requested during the discussion.»

I understand that the question/answer exercise (between the Staff and
the Community) shall occur *timely* during discussions (onlist|atPPM)...

...i admit that, to ease collaboration and to restore the almost broken
communication between the Staff and the community, we can copy carbon
(CC) the mentioned mail address <pdwg AT AFRINIC dot net> every time we
know that our mail contains a direct question to the Staff.

But i prefer we leave this task up to the Chairs, because otherwise
(IMHO) we shall be forced to alter the PDP to be sure that nobody can
ignore it.

> Ernest.

Hope this clarifies the issue raised here.

Good & blessed day.

Shalom,
--sb.

Sylvain B.