[rpd] impact analysis for policies

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 19:17:19 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I agree with the concern raised by Jordi below.
We must try to fix it together.
It sound like a policy issue :-/

...other comments, inline, below please.

Le jeudi 20 juin 2019, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net
<mailto:rpd at afrinic.net>> a écrit :

    Hi,

    I will like to ask the staff to complete *ASAP* their impact
    analysis in the policy proposal

Jordi, even if it's desirable, to have such an impact analysis at time,
you can not (policily speaking) ask for it this way (contact the staff
privately or propose a suitable process with a reasonable timing ?) :-)

If publicly, i think you should ask it to the new Co-chairs (Moses &
Abdulkarim), with the appropriate Policy provision for them to act
kickly accordingly.

Hope you will not have to realise such an impact analysis by yourself as
suggested by some participants ; if i recall well :'-(

    that didn't reached consensus, so the authors can publish new
    versions immediately and have more time to discuss before the next
    meeting.

    I've submitted some proposals that are new version of existing ones
    some of them even 2 months before the meeting, and the impact
    analysis has not been updated.

    I think this is actually an extreme delay for such impact analysis
    update, and this doesn't help the authors to correct mistakes and
    consequently makes more difficult for the community to take a decision.

...this seems to prove a need for a new version of the PDP (Policy
Development Process) :-/
A candidate rule to update ?

    The impact for this is really big. Right now, we have 8 policy
    proposals that didn't reached consensus and only considering new
    proposal that I've in mind to submit (5), it means that for the next
    meeting we will have *at least* 13 policy proposals in the table.

...other might also propose drafts for new policy proposals :'-(

:-) but please withdraw one of your two similar policy proposals about
out of AFRINIC region resource (IPv4) transfers. That action could
diminish the number of policy proposals ;-)

Friendly,
--sb.

    So either we have a "2 days" policy day, or we find the way for
    every participant to read in advance all the policies and provide
    inputs, or it is impossible to be able to really have a presentation
    that is making sense for the people to determine their opinion in
    each policy proposal.

    Regards,
    Jordi
    @jordipalet

    IPv4 is over
    Are you ready for the new Internet ?
    http://www.theipv6company.com
    The IPv6 Company

    This electronic message contains information which may be privileged
    or confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive
    use of the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty
    authorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
    of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is
    strictly prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If
    you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure,
    copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information,
    even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited,
    will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the
    original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.

Sylvain B.
<http://www.chretiennement.org>
__
Website : <https://www.cmnog.cm>