[rpd] inputs on IPv4 Inter-RIR policy proposals - AFRINIC needs this policy now!

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Thu Jun 20 06:17:03 UTC 2019

Hi Jordi,

On 6/19/19 8:12 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
> One possibility I see is that bylaws (I will recheck it), allow the board to *suspend* or *cancel* a policy if is working against the region.
>
> So if this is correct, we don't need to change anything in the text. However, I'm still happy if we need to have some text to make it more explicit.

I suggest that the text limiting resource transfers be specific in this
policy rather than having to refer to or rely on some text in the bylaws
that might or might not help.

Otherwise, it only leads to confusion and that does not address the concern.

I read the responses from Binta and Pascal and they are pretty clear
that if the concern isn't addressed, the policy won't be supported.

Regards,

Ish Sookun