[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Provisions for Resource Hijacking (AFPUB-2019-GEN-001-DRAFT01)"

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue Jun 11 19:54:34 UTC 2019

Hi Ish,

Thanks for reading the proposal.

Jordi
@jordipalet

El 11/6/19 17:24, "Ish Sookun" <ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu> escribió:

    Hello,

    I read the policy proposal and I have the following questions:

      1. How would the experts determine whether a reported incident is an
         intentional or accidental hijack?

This is done by the investigation. Only if all the experts agree, it will be declared intentional. In case of any doubt, will not. The process is designed to be absolutely guarantor.

      2. Keeping the identity of the experts a secret is not an assurance
         that the experts won't be bribed. Can't staff be bribed to obtain
         the identities of the experts?

Well, yes, nothing is impossible in this world! However, as unanimity of experts is needed, they need to brive all them.

      3. I am looking for the staff assessment to better understand this
         proposal but unfortunately it is missing.

Same here, waiting for it. We will have probably in a few days the impact analysis for the RIPE proposal, which is the same as for AFRINIC. A preliminary version for that was presented in the last RIPE meeting:
https://ripe78.ripe.net/presentations/116-Prelimiary-2019-03-Analysis_v2.pdf

    Regards,

    Ish Sookun