[rpd] Nomcom feedback to PDWG

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Jun 8 14:23:33 UTC 2019

Iyedi,

I wish to thank the nominating committee for their responsiveness to the community. However, I think it is important that you not only let us know that you considered our feedback, but that you inform the community of your conclusions and decisions based on that feedback.

Were candidates added to the slate as a result of these deliberations?

If so, all of them? Unless all of them, then some explanation of what made the difference for the ones not added is also in order. It doesn’t have to be candidate specific, but at least a general statement such as “those not added still had not submitted responses at the time of our deliberations” or “some candidates submitted insufficient responses” or “some candidates were found not to meet the requirements spelled out in the bylaws or the pdp”.

I don’t ask you to violate anyone’s privacy, but I do hope you will communicate enough with the community to preserve the trust that is bestowed on your committee by the community.

Thanks,

Owen