[rpd] Nomcom request for feedback

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Jun 6 07:58:54 UTC 2019

In the past, some of the PDWG Co-Chair elections have literally happened
from beginning to end at the election time of the meeting - that is -
Candidates volunteered for the position at the election meeting. The
Meeting can also decide who should have a one year and a two year term.
May need to do a paper vote rather than show of hands to make the event
more formal from a numbers point of view. This particular election (PDWG
CoChair) is the least formal of all AfriNIC elections - and that should
be fine.

Candidates should have been involved in the PDP some time in the past -
perhaps as a (co) author of a policy (at least subscribed to RPD and
have submitted an e-mail comment at some time) - that is - they have
shown previous interest in the actual process; and preferably those
voting should have been involved with AfriNIC for at least a year,
working for a resource holder or similar.

On 2019/06/06 09:34, Timothy Ola Akinfenwa wrote:
> Hello Iyedi,
> If the clarifications provided by Dr. Oloyede here
> (https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2019/009290.html) is a true
> reflection of what transpired, then the process has been flawed and
> something has to be done to correct this ASAP.
>
> Instead of considering the complaints from the four nominees that were
> missing on the candidate slates sent out to the list, in the spirit of
> transparency and credibility I want to suggest that *_ALL the 9_*
> nominations be re-evaluated again and nominees given at least 5 days
> to respond to any issue that needs clarification from the NOMCOM.
>
> Best!
>
> Engr. Timothy Ola AKINFENWA Senior System Programmer
> Information Management & Technology Centre,
> Osun State University, P.M.B. 4494, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.
>
> 	+234 (0) 80 320 70 442;
> 	+234 (0) 80 988 97 799
>
> *Email: * 	akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng
> <mailto:akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng>; lordaikins at gmail.com
> <mailto:lordaikins at gmail.com>; lordaikins at yahoo.com
> <mailto:lordaikins at yahoo.com>
> *Website:* 	www.uniosun.edu.ng <http://uniosun.edu.ng/>
> <http://www.facebook.com/lordaikins><http://www.twitter.com/lordaikins><http://www.instagram.com/lordaikins><https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TimothyOlaAkinfenwa>
>

> "Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you
> won't have to hunt for happiness." ~ William E. Gladstone
>

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 8:11 AM Iyedi Goma <iyedigoma at gmail.com
> <mailto:iyedigoma at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear community,
>

>     Veuillez trouvez la version française ci dessous.
>

>     The nomination committee received a question about the process for
>     the election of two PDWG co-chairs as one of the open seats is for
>     a two-year team and the other open seat is for a one-year term.
>     The nomination committee contacted the Afrinic elections committee
>     to request the process document for the elections. The nomination
>     committee was informed that there isn’t any documented process for
>     the election of two PDWG co-chairs.
>

>     The nomination committee recommends  that the process for the
>     election of the two PDWG co-chairs should be documented so that
>     the working group understand how  the process works.
>

>     There were nine nominations for the two the PDWG co-chair seats.
>     After reviewing the nominations, the nomination committee found
>     that  there only four candidates who submitted the required
>     information before the endtime. The nomination committee was
>     contacted by four other nominees  as their names did not appear in
>     the announcement which was sent to the RPD mailing list.
>

>     The nomination committee would like to solicit the feedback of the
>     PDWG on the above by Friday 7  of June at 23:59 UTC
>

>     Cher membre de la communauté
>

>     Le comité de nomination avait reçu une question d’un membre de la
>     communauté lors d’une session de sensibilisation sur le processus
> [...]

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496