[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Provisions for Resource Hijacking (AFPUB-2019-GEN-001-DRAFT01)"

haruna adoga hartek66 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 14:46:43 UTC 2019

I must start by saying the authors of this proposal have done a great job,
considering the negative effect of resource (IPv4, IPv6, ASN) hijacking to
our region.

I do believe that since operational errors such as mistakes in BGP
configurations can lead to what might be perceived as a resource hijacking
activity (policy violation), it is ideal that this proposal gives the
suspected resource hijacker a reasonable  amount of time to explain their
actions.

The duration can be deliberated by the policy authors and other members.
The suspected hijacker should be given a maximum of 6 weeks rather that 4
weeks to object any conclusions, as proposed by the authors.

This will further clarify if the activity is an act of persistent
intentional hijack or an operational error.