[rpd] inputs on AFPUB-2017-GEN-002-DRAFT-04 - Policy Development Process Bis

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue May 21 07:51:32 UTC 2019

>>> This is related to my previous request that the PDP also explicitly "count" the participants in the mailing list that can't come to meetings. This makes a bit more complex to decide on the spot during the meeting.
>>
>>    Not really… It just requires the co-chairs to be up to date on the mailing list comments coming into the meeting. Especially if there is a safety valve in the form of a last call period… Comments which arrived late (just before or during the meeting) can be considered during the last call period.
>>
> The problem is that even during the meeting there can be emails in the list, etc. So, the consensus determination needs to be fair with all the comments. Furthermore, there is a lack of timing for the list vs the meeting.

I really wish you’d get a mail client that does proper quotation. (I manually fixed it above).

I believe I accounted for that as “Comments which arrived late (just before or during the meeting) can be considered during the last call period.”

If there wasn’t a last call period, I’d agree with you, but given that there is one, I think that’s an adequate safety valve and I don’t see the need for a delay in determining consensus.