[rpd] inputs on AFPUB-2017-GEN-002-DRAFT-04 - Policy Development Process Bis

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Sat May 18 12:05:19 UTC 2019

Hi all,

On 17/05/2019 21:06, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
...> 3) The consensus is determined only in the meeting (there is no
> timing for the discussion in the list) and consequently there is not
> a way to determine consensus from the list.

I read
"At the end of meeting or after the adoption phase of a policy proposal,
the Chairs will decide if the working group has reached consensus within
2 weeks."
as meaning that the PDWG chairs have the possibility to do declare
consensus in the meeting without asking the mailing list.

And I don't like it.
So much that I had to drop everything and voice my opposition to this
proposed change.

Please note: I also think that all the other points Jordi raises are
very valid and important. But this one is a very big change. And as
mentioned, I oppose.

If someone wants my proposal for improvement of this one part:
replace
"At the end of meeting or after the adoption phase of a policy proposal,
the Chairs will decide if the working group has reached consensus within
2 weeks."

with
"At the end of a meeting the chairs may pronounce their intentions, in
case there are no further substation developments regarding this policy
on the mailing list.
A final review of the draft policy is initiated by the Working Group
Chair(s) by sending an announcement to the Resource Policy Discussion
mailing list, preferably as soon as possible after the Public Policy
Meeting. The Last Call period shall be at least two weeks. The Working
Group Chair(s) shall evaluate the feedback received during the Public
Policy Meeting and during this period and decide whether consensus has
been achieved."

Thanks,
Frank