[rpd] trick question about Consolidated Policy Manual

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Thu May 16 16:35:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

Question for clarification to anyone who can help; if noone volunteers,
I think this will go to professionals in policy coordination.

looking at https://www.afrinic.net/policy/manual

why are sections
  "5.2   Goals of the Internet Registry System"  and
  "5.3   Registration Requirements"
under section 5.0 "IPv4"

I was under the impression that these apply more broadly....?
...to other Internet numbering resources as well...

Oh, .... I see, we got part of that in IPv6 as
  "6.3  Goals of IPv6 address space management"  and
  "6.4   IPv6 Policy Principles"

But the "All communication with AFRINIC will be in English." only
applies to IPv4 - right?

Thanks,
Frank