[rpd] RPD : Prolicy proposal "Internet Number Resources review by AFRINIC" informations update

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Apr 22 04:05:16 UTC 2019

> On Apr 19, 2019, at 04:26 , Benjamin Eshun <benjamin.eshun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Daniel,
>
> It will be good to see your proposal of insertion to strengthen  the  RSA get  community consensus and follow RSA amendment procedure.
>
> However, instead of playing with this administrative and legal document called RSA, which is subject to all policies adopted by the community, why can’t we simply adopt a  policy that addresses the insertion you will propose?
>
> Let’s focus on refining the policy and leave the implementation and operational issues with staff.

Let’s recognize that the policy is unnecessary and the RSA is currently sufficient as it is.

> These days, truth does not get the immediate traction it deserves, but gets finally revealed.

What truth would that be in this case?

The truth that this policy is unnecessary, duplicative, and potentially harmful?
The truth that the community has repeatedly rejected this policy and it is unlikely to come to consensus?
The truth that the authors changes to between the previous version and the current version are minimal and fail to address the majority of objections?
The truth that many of the objections to this proposed policy have existed almost as long as the policy and still remain unaddressed by the authors?

> I see room for community consensus here.

I see a great deal of room between this policy and community consensus. I am glad that we can agree on that, at least.