[rpd] RPD : Prolicy proposal "Internet Number Resources review by AFRINIC" informations update

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Fri Apr 12 11:44:12 UTC 2019

Hi Benjiloh,

> From extract 1
> Are you now the moderator or co-chair managing the RPD mailing list?
> Is it the message of Owen being discussed or the review policy?

Sorry, old habits die hard :)  You are right, my comments should have come from the co-chairs.

> From extract 1 and 2
> If you have no interest in the policy itself, why are you focusing on the content of Owen's message?

Because Owen was making important points, and I want to encourage that. This policy itself isn't important to me, but productive messages deserve encouragement.

> From extract 1 and 3
> The impartiality you are preaching in the extract 3 is contradicted by the directive you gave in extract 1 since you have ignored the policy itself and focused on the message of Owen -  in the extract 1. I am a bit confuse. Could you please clarify this?

I was thinking too much from the point of view of a co-chair, out of habit. That is not my role in this working group and I apologise for that.

> From extract 4
> Are you insinuating that there is no mechanism in AFRINIC community to make policy? I am asking this question because I have the feeling that policies that are currently in place have been adopted through inappropriate mechanism.

Not at all! Afrinic has been making policies for a long time, and the mechanism is totally appropriate. I simply wanted to emphasise the good contributions and discourage personal attacks. But you are right in previous points: that should be done by the co-chairs, and it isn't my role here, so I apologise for that.

Cheers,
Sander