[rpd] AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Mon Apr 8 21:37:52 UTC 2019

Dear Ish,
At 10:30 AM 08-04-2019, Ish Sookun wrote:
>The comment to which you responded was about your experience on how the
>analysis work was done during your time as a PDWG co-chair.

It has been a while since I was a PDWG co-chair.  The email exchange
was not about that.

>Would you be willing to share how used to do an analysis as an author?

I analyzed the previous proposals before drafting a proposal.  The
reviews helped to identify the issues which I missed and revise the
proposal.  The information requested from the RIR was minimal.  The
statistics for IPv4 and IPv6 are publicly available.  There is also a
Whois service.  It makes it possible to do an analysis without having
to ask the RIR to provide the information.  I read the Registration
Service Agreement so as to avoid proposing something which might
negatively affect the proposal.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy