[rpd] Cooperation re PDP update proposal

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:49:01 UTC 2019

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 14:08, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net>
wrote:

> How we move on to change this?
>

> Can we figure out if policies are a possible path for that?
>

> Do we need to ensure that governments are aware of the situation and how
> their own IPv6 deployment in the public administration can help the rest of
> the country to move on?

AFRINIC has a program meant to do exactly this.
Anyone from an interested government that is ready to ACT (vs sending lots
of emails on mailing lists) can start through a self-assessment at

https://vox.afrinic.net/465923?lang=en

https://vox.afrinic.net/465923?lang=fr

If you are a CTO or engineer working for government and need step by step
guidance that leads to actual deployment, you can also have that free of
charge

https://vox.afrinic.net/343185?lang=en
https://vox.afrinic.net/343185?lang=fr

Of course, only for people who want to at least try to DO, not talk about
deploying ...

./shalom

> Regards,
>
> Jordi
>

> *De: *APH <pascal at irenala.edu.mg>
> *Organización: *i RENALA
> *Fecha: *jueves, 21 de febrero de 2019, 18:52
> *Para: *S Moonesamy <sm+af at afrinic.net>, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <
> jordi.palet at consulintel.es>, <rpd at afrinic.net>
> *Asunto: *Re: [rpd] Cooperation re PDP update proposal
>

> Actualy the situation, We note in ISP or Operator that they are not yet on
> IPV6.
>
> Our IPV6 is in progress...
>
> Everyone is obliged when he will not have soon IPV4 anymore
>
> Regard,
>
> [image:
> https://mail.irenala.edu.mg/home/pascal@irenala.edu.mg/Briefcase/Logo_irenala.jpg]
> *Pascal* Heriliva ANDRIANISA
> Webmaster i RENALA
> *R*esearch and *E*ducation *N*etwork for *A*cademic and *L*earning *A*ctivities
> - http://www.irenala.edu.mg/
> Porte 201 - Ministère de l'Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche
> Scientifique - Fiadanana
> GSM :+261 (0) 32 46 680 29   |    +261 (0) 34 30 680 29
>

> Le 2019-02-21 à 12:27, S Moonesamy a écrit :
>
> Dear Jordi,
> At 11:35 AM 13-02-2019, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
>
> regions as well, you see that a bad copy is not always a good thing,
> especially if there is unnecessary complexity, in a region where the
> participation in the PDP is close to zero.
>

> According to a recent report the adoption of IPv6 in the region is close
> to zero.
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy

> IPv4 is over
> Are you ready for the new Internet ?
> http://www.theipv6company.com
> The IPv6 Company
>
> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or
> confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of
> the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized
> disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
> information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
> prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If you are not the
> intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
> use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including
> attached files, is strictly prohibited, will be considered a criminal
> offense, so you must reply to the original sender to inform about this
> communication and delete it.

Mukom Akong T.

LinkedIn:Mukom <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mukom>  |  twitter:
@perfexcellent

“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran