[rpd] Legacy addresses in Afrinic region

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Fri Feb 15 06:45:16 UTC 2019

Lee,

There is *WAY* more than that.

You have a significant amount of space sitting in academia that came from ARIN and even pre-arin days.

I am going to decline to comment on the exact ranges and asn’s since I believe it would not be polite to do so and will let the space owners speak for themselves – but I will say that in a previous job I was controlling the announcements for very close to a /12 worth of legacy space distributed amongst multiple blocks – and that wasn’t anywhere near all of it on the continent.

A lot of this space came either from ARIN (or quite probably pre-dates even ARIN)

Andrew