[rpd] Changing existing policies

S Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Wed Dec 19 17:12:48 UTC 2018

Hello,

{Thread moved as it is related to number resources policies]

At 01:01 AM 19-12-2018, Andrew Alston wrote:
>What the policy *does* say is that space must be
>used in the manner described in the initial
>application.  Now – that's wherre things get
>real interesting.  Firstly – there iss no
>guidance as to how strictly AFRINIC could
>enforce this – and it's kinda bizarre – because
>people who ao applied for space back years ago
>in the dial up era that want to use the space
>today for GPON – if their applicattion stated
>they wanted it to number dial up users –
>tecchnically – they would be in violation and subject to space reclamation.
>
>There is also *NO* method in the policies that I
>could find to change the stated purpose of use –
>that creates a very dangerous situationn should
>someone choose to be stupid and malicious.

If I understood the above correctly, it is about
compliance with existing policies.  The "original
criteria" seems applicable in at least three of
the five RIRs.  The "method" to change existing
polices is by getting Working Group agreement on the changes being proposed.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy