[rpd] File and process of policy proposal (was Re: Internet Number Resources Review Proposal (diff?) )

Willy MANGA mangawilly at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 06:14:08 UTC 2018

Hi,

Le 12/12/2018 à 19:44, Daniel Shaw via RPD a écrit :
> With all the policies that go through this list, not only this one, I find it tiresome to read bullet point descriptions of changes and then have to go back and find multiple version to read side by side to actually understand the changes.
>
> My wish for the new year is that all future policies are submitted in a text format that can be processed to produce "diff" output of changes.

I think AFRINIC should provide a plain text version of the CPM. (we can
even extend it to other documents like RSA ...).

When someone want to amend/remove something written in the CPM, he
should use the latest plain text version and modify it. Thus author can
send his changes [1] (+ the diff file). During the entire period of the
discussion of the policy proposal, the author would continue to  update
his latest plain text file.

Even better , AFRINIC can put the plain text version of the CPM on a
public version control tool (using git) and those who want to change it
can clone the branch and tag the version which should be considered by
the policy submission team and pdp co-chairs.

Using a public version control tool it will be easier to follow all the
changes (addition(+),deletion(-)) . There are many benefits due to the
version control tool itself.

1. and sign them with your GPG key ;)

--
Willy Manga