[rpd] Internet Number Resources Review Proposal

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Tue Dec 11 15:30:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

> Op 11 dec. 2018, om 16:15 heeft Chevalier du Borg <virtual.borg at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>> Le mar. 11 déc. 2018 à 12:55, Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> To our knowledge there is no open issue.
>
> Sorry, you are not credible person for this information. It is better for AFRINIC policy staff to list the issue.

I think AFRINIC staff also shouldn't be the ones publishing this. It is the task of the working group chair(s) to evaluate consensus and whether arguments have been properly addressed. Now, if the chair(s) decide to ask the help of AFRINIC staff that is fine, but it should be the chair(s) who post the analysis to the list, and the chair(s) who have the responsibility for its accuracy and impartiality.

IMHO such a summary should be part of any decision of the chairs, so that the community can see their reasoning. It will also help when there are disagreements as there will be something specific to discuss. It is a lot of work for the chairs, but be honest: without such an analysis how can they make a decision for/against consensus in the first place?

Cheers,
Sander