[rpd] Serving the Community is not a choice when they call

Sami Salih sami.salih at outlook.com
Wed Dec 5 12:49:42 UTC 2018

Hi community,

If you may recall, before Dakar meeting I decided to not continue as co-chair as my term comes to end on Dakar.

I sent an email to this list early before the nominations started to encourage people to stand for this position, however the candidate list was too short. And you all followed what happened in Dakar during the election of the PDWG Co-chair, and because I know very will it's a tough task to be managed by a single chair I offered to continue either for 6 months or for full term.

It's really very sad that some people declared that "they choose to not participate" to serve the community, please refer to this link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTApl4QHfY) @ [10:27:11] , but the worst thing is those people are trying very hard to negatively affect our organization. But I will remind them that the power of the community will never tolerate any attempt to sabotage the unity of the continent.

For me it's much better to serve the community as a community member given any volunteer position may restrict my replies.

On another note, I can't understand how people that failed to hold similar voluntary positions will use such huge effort to destroy the same organization they served before.

I remain at the service of the community on any place they feel I can positively contribute to the best of the community.

Best Regards,

Dr. Sami H.O. Salih
Assistant Prof, School of Electronics Engineering, SUST
Head of R&D, NTC, SUDAN
President of SDv6TF
T/F: (249)122045707/187171355