[rpd] Opposing the last call made on the review policy

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Mon Dec 3 14:56:17 UTC 2018

Hi,

> Dear AFRINIC policy staff
>
> Can you please put a document for this proposal that show objection and response like below?
>
> Objection no. 1
>
>      - author responses
>      - author responses
>      - author responses
> [...]
> I think it will help us know exactly which objection have been addressed or not.

I think this is a great idea. However, considering that the working group chairs must have already done something similar in order to reach a conclusion when determining consensus, I think it would be easier to ask them to share their notes on this. I also think the chairs can be seen as more neutral compared to staff, and they are elected by this community for that.

So, as an outsider in this matter, I would suggest to this working group to ask the chairs to share their work, and possibly include such analysis by default in future announcements of (non-)consensus so it is visible to the working group what decisions are based on. It may avoid misunderstandings in the future. To the members of this working group: feel free to do with this message however you please. I'm just trying to show solutions for the procedural side, I don't have any stake or interest in this policy one way or the other.

Cheers,
Sander