[rpd] Opposing the last call made on the review policy

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Dec 3 14:53:39 UTC 2018

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 05:07, Boubakar Barry <boubakarbarry at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Members of this Community,
>
> I think it's unfair to threaten PDP Co-Chairs and ultimately AFRINIC for decisions taken in the best of Co-Chairs' knowledge and judgement.

Please point to the threat? Nobody has made a threat to the Co-chairs. We have requested that they reverse an error. Nothing more. We have stated that if they do not reverse that error, we will have to avail ourselves of the documented appeal process. This is not a threat. No harm comes to the Co-chairs from the appellate process.

> They are volunteers, not paid by AFRINIC, and they spend a lot of their time serving the community.
>
> I am not saying that people cannot challenge their decisions, but instead of harassing them, a bit of appreciation and decency would not harm.

Again, I don’t see harassment or threats... I see polite discourse asking them to reverse their error and documenting the fact that we will appeal if they don’t do so.

I appreciate the job they do. I’ve been doing the equivalent job in another region for more than a decade now. I’m well aware of the time and effort required and I know well how the job should be done.