[rpd] Opposing the last call made on the review policy

Timothy Ola Akinfenwa akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng
Sun Dec 2 15:12:03 UTC 2018

Hello,
Is it possible for you to attach your identity to this and future email to
the RPD list?

Ti</>

On 2 Dec 2018 1:54 PM, "1mgirlieadezpet at gmail.com" <
1mgirlieadezpet at gmail.com> wrote:

I have been following up closely as events have been unfolding. I can
easily deduce that the authors of this policy have clearly shown little to
no regard for the opinion of the community.

I mean, why would they still present and try to impose the exact same
papers/documents that majority of the participants were vehemently opposed
to at the last meeting in Dakar? We all are well aware that the RSA has
addressed this policy.

Why would they call for contributions from the community when it is now
obvious that their clear intent was to disregard anyway?

Why push a policy rejected by the community to the last call stage when no
positive consensus has been agreed upon? The community should have been
informed to stay completely out of the development process since a few
number of us have decided to monopolize and impose certain policies with or
without the acceptance of the majority.

I still want to give the chairs and co-chairs a benefit of the doubt. I
want to believe this is an error so I will like for them to revert and do
the needful ASAP as this will eventually result in lack of trust in their
capacity.

To the authors, there are better ways to address a situation such as this.
Antagonism/ aggression and/or intimidation is clearly not the right way.

Warmest regards.
Graceful
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 6:03 PM, Mark Elkins