[rpd] Abuse Contact proposal from Jordi

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Nov 29 15:35:09 UTC 2018

On 11/29/18 4:25 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Given the final discussion between Jordi and Alan, I have the following feedback:
>
> While I am not attached to having any particular name for the field, mnt-irt or abuse-c, I will say that I do not believe that there is enough benefit to changing the name to abuse-c to warrant the effort and confusion that is likely to result.
>
> While it would be nice to have a consistent name across all RIRs, the simple reality is that we have the IRT name here and it is somewhat widely implemented.
I'd rather see a check done and if possible - over time - change the
name to be consistent with other RIR's.

> As such, I believe that while we may wish to adopt the rest of this proposal, it makes little sense to adopt the part that renames things to abuse-c and we should simply preserve the IRT objects, make them mandatory as in the proposal, and discard the concept of abuse-c altogether.

Certainly make them mandatory.

> In terms of voting rights, as I understand it, a member must be “in good standing” in order to preserve their right to vote. This includes a number of things, including payment of fees and adherence to policies. If a member is not in compliance with the policy, I have no problem with their ability to vote being impacted by that along with their other facilities on my afrinic.

I also agree with this - another method of not being in "good standing"

> Owen

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496