[rpd] Abuse Contact proposal from Jordi

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Nov 29 14:25:28 UTC 2018

Given the final discussion between Jordi and Alan, I have the following feedback:

While I am not attached to having any particular name for the field, mnt-irt or abuse-c, I will say that I do not believe that there is enough benefit to changing the name to abuse-c to warrant the effort and confusion that is likely to result.

While it would be nice to have a consistent name across all RIRs, the simple reality is that we have the IRT name here and it is somewhat widely implemented.

As such, I believe that while we may wish to adopt the rest of this proposal, it makes little sense to adopt the part that renames things to abuse-c and we should simply preserve the IRT objects, make them mandatory as in the proposal, and discard the concept of abuse-c altogether.

In terms of voting rights, as I understand it, a member must be “in good standing” in order to preserve their right to vote. This includes a number of things, including payment of fees and adherence to policies. If a member is not in compliance with the policy, I have no problem with their ability to vote being impacted by that along with their other facilities on my afrinic.