[rpd] New Policy Proposal - Inter-RIR Resource Transfers (AFPUB-2018-GEN-003-DRAFT01 )

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Wed Nov 21 17:56:03 UTC 2018

Hi Jordi,

On 11/15/18 12:19 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
> My understanding is that is going to be in the other way around, and
> that’s why I did this proposal that way.
Under the current proposal there is nothing that restricts the transfer
to a LIR that is member of both AFRINIC and the recipient RIR.

Therefore the below comment made by Pascal seems justified.

On 11/14/18 11:56 PM, Paschal Ochang wrote:>
> If they are still legacy ipv4 addresses out there then we need to
> balance the quota of legacy resource inflow and outflow as it
> currently seems like Africa has more legacy ipv4 resources to harvest
> from. Correct me if I am wrong but I think other RIRs stand to benefit
> more from this policy than Africa.

I see a similar reasoning in Gregoire's response below.

On 11/16/18 4:07 PM, Gregoire EHOUMI via RPD wrote:>
> If Europe telecom buy africa telecom,  Europe telecom must become
> member of AfriNIC through merger/acquisition and pay member fees.
> Africa telecom numbers must not be transferred to Europe telecom
> account in RIPE NCC.

Therefore, as it currently is, the policy does not instill confidence
that it benefits AFRINIC.

Regards,

Ish Sookun