[rpd] Migrating quickly to IPv6

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Jun 7 20:51:05 UTC 2018

Hi Lee,
At 04:36 AM 07-06-2018, Lee Howard wrote:
>The fundamental problems with these points:
>1. Nobody has ever said that IPv4 will be irrelevant before some
>debatable level of penetration. That's attacking a straw man.
>2. It ignores local realities. For many networks, YY countries
>doesn't matter, only the sites (or networks or hosts etc.) their
>users hit. If none of your users accesses smaller web sites in
>remote countries, then you probably are willing to take the risk
>that someone might eventually.

I'll comment about the two points above instead of the presentation [1].

There was/is a perception that IPv4 will be irrelevant once IPv6 is
deployed [2].

The second point is about economic incentives.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. I am okay with the presentation.
2. I am not sure whether the level of IPv6 penetration was/is emphasized.