[rpd] Questions for Alain...

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 04:04:43 UTC 2018

Le mar. 5 juin 2018 à 18:11, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> a écrit :

> “There’s nothing wrong with being a broker” – Owen
>

> Thanks for that, Owen. 😉
>
> More to the point, there is nothing wrong with a broker authoring policy.
>
> I agree that it’s better to be open about being a broker when authoring
> policy.

Generally speaking in other part of world "There is nothing bad with being
a broker".
However for Africa, there is EVERYTHING bad with being a broker.

A broker take away IPs from a continent that does not even have enough to
sell them for massive personal gain. That is exploitation of this continent
the way the colonialist do before and some still continue to do with other
natural resource.

Brokers are TOXIC to the trust in this community. Brokers are not very
different from the Arms Dealers sell weapons on the many wars on both side
we have experience (we will get out profit, irrespective of the cost to
Africa).  They general have no other interest in the development of this
continent.

> However this thread began entirely as an ad hominem.
>

> +1 to the previous poster who said it’s past time for Africa to get in
> sync with the rest of the world regarding the IPv4 market.

This community is generally AGAINST idea of African IP being used outside
Africa for purpose that does not benefit Africa. Brokers may want that. We
do not

--
Borg le Chevalier