[rpd] Questions for Alain...

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jun 5 13:14:11 UTC 2018

There’s nothing wrong with being a broker. However, the SL-BIS proposal is one which brokers stand to profit from.

Your analogy of the doctor doesn’t apply because the doctor isn’t profiting from it when you stop smoking. Indeed, you’re improved health might actually cost him money.

This would be more like having the doctor encourage your smoking and then discovering that he also owned a tobacco company.

Not only is it bad medical advice, but turns out the doctor stands to profit from it if the community takes his bad advice.

Owen