[rpd] Questions for Alain...

Dabu Sifiso dabu.sifiso at yandex.com
Tue Jun 5 13:06:23 UTC 2018

Can we let Alain reply on his own accord on the original question?
Current policies allow Mr.Aina do do exactly what he has done, there is no wrongdoing in setting up a broker service.

But this raises a whole series of actually interesting and complex questions as we have a policy proposal to allow policy to be submitted in an anonymous way:
https://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/2387-afrinic-policy-development-process-bis

Where Mr Aina is also listed as an Author.
While some argued it was good to know the background an intentions of a policy proposer, it was argued against by others.

Mr Aina, was even promoting the possibility to remain anonymous during the submission process as described in his proposal:
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2017/006775.html

This shows an undeclared conflict of interest and an attempt to hide the involvement in future policy proposals.
So that direct conflict of interest can remain anonymous in the future and not be questioned by the community.