[rpd] Comment on Alain's comment at the microphone

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Wed May 9 15:55:52 UTC 2018

Firstly,

It is true that a competing policy was proposed - because we did not agree on the statement of problem - in fact - they are diametrically opposed.  There was simply no common ground - and the withdrawal of the policy was to take us to a compromise position.

Secondly - I stated that the authors should look at the appeal committee document.  The appeal committee document lists a multitude of objections - and I have no need to rehash all of those objections while the objections in that document go un-addressed.

Thirdly - On Nii Quaynor's statement - that if someone cannot help a policy they should shut up.  That is entirely inaccurate - because if we as a community feel that a policy is unnecessary or believe in a diametrically opposed viewpoint - then we cannot argue that we should make a policy work that we fundamentally disagree with right down to the problem statement.

Andrew