[rpd] proposition de politique

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue May 8 13:02:55 UTC 2018

While I do not support the concept of NIR’s – the strongest argument against the NIR’s is to prove the bottom up approach is functional and works correctly.

That means:

  1.  A PDP that is not tied to geopolitical/linguistic politics and where location of author means more than the policy itself
  2.  A functional RIR where the board supports the bottom up approach and is entirely transparent in everything it does
  3.  A cost base that makes it non-viable for an NIR to function in a competitive manner
  4.  Policies within the RIR that benefit the entire continent and not just segments of it
  5.  The ability of members to source IP space beyond the RIR if the RIR cannot supply their needs

Basically – if you want to fight the NIR system – the way to do that is to have a strong, functional and united RIR – and right now – I don’t believe we have anything close to that – so – rather than fight the NIR systems – how about we fix AfriNIC instead?

Andrew