[rpd] non-conformant posts to RPD

sami at tpra.gov.sd sami at tpra.gov.sd
Wed Mar 7 09:48:24 UTC 2018

Dear Community,

We are following the recent discussions on the RPD list with caution to allow each and every one to express his/her views openly.

As we mentioned before, we are always trying to give the maximum flexibility to the community to utilize this resource, however, and considering the population of the list and the diverse background and culture of the participants, we do experience a few non-conformant posts from time to time.

The list moderators have the right and the means to immediately block any individual from posting, however we believe in building the maturity of the community by benefiting from people participating in the discussion. The easy way is to block individuals- but the most beneficial way is to build the community capacity toward engaging in constructive, healthy, and respectful discussion.

Before banning someone from participating we use all applicable ways by privately contacting the person who has violated the AFRINIC CoC and the norms we use on this list, and we try to lead the person to politely express his/her view.

We urge the community to tolerate minor offensive comments and try to not reply to those individuals in the same manner.

Sincerely,

PDWG Co-Chairs.

--
Dr. Sami Salih | Assistant Professor
Sudan University of Science and Technology
email: sami.salih at sustech.edu
Mob: +249122045707