[rpd] Timeline for handling AFPUB-2016-V4-001-DRAFT07 policy appeal

Saul Stein saul at enetworks.co.za
Thu Jan 25 12:24:24 UTC 2018

Hi

No-one is saying that the committee mustn’t get on with their work, the
comments are based on the reference:

>https://www.afrinic.net/images/timeline-2018-01-pdwg-appeal-committee.pdf

>1. Appeal Committee 1st Meeting – 19/01/2018 – week 1

>c. List and request documents from AFRINIC that the Committee deems needed
>for the Appeal including i. RPD discussion summary on the policy

The points that have been made are that since this is an appeal, the appeal
committee should be drawing their own conclusions from the source documents,
not other subjective reports and summaries.

We’d hate for the appeal committee to base their responses on summaries as
that could lead to a rejection as vital pertinent information might be
omitted in the summary. That would open a serious can of worms!

That is the way I see this, if I am incorrect, please correct me (and
please, only corrections from the appeal committee members, otherwise its
hearsay and not fact.)

My 2c

Saul