[rpd] [pdwg-appeal] SoftLanding BIS notice of intent to appeal

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Jan 22 17:48:24 UTC 2018

> On Jan 19, 2018, at 21:50, Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
>> On 1/20/2018 8:13 AM, Jackson Muthili wrote:
>> All those issues have for long been repeatedly and fully comprehensively
>> addressed.

Jackson,

It doesn’t matter how many times you repeat the same lies, we still don’t believe them.

>> Your issues are based on presumption that AfriNIC is a shop in a free
>> market where IP addresses are commodities on shelves ready for anyone
>> that walks in to buy in whatever quantity and deplete at will - an
>> extremely selfish principle to deploy during a period of scarcity of a
>> public resource.

Once again, you engage in ad hominem instead of substance.

My perspective is that addressed are community resources to be used to deploy internet services to end users. My belief is that addresses have no utility whatsoever sitting on a shelf in the registry if there is a legitimate need for them to be used by end users. My belief is that it is a disservice to this community to protect a free pool from real end users with legitimate need for the sake of enabling some fictitious entity to gain some advantage later over a clear and present entity attempting to deliver service today.

It has nothing to do with capitalism, profit, commercial interests, etc. It’s strictly about good resource management. The policy in SL-BIS is plain bad management and I oppose it strictly on that basis.