[rpd] [pdwg-appeal] SoftLanding BIS notice of intent to appeal

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jan 18 21:16:57 UTC 2018

First, the fact that the board is responding to this query shows that the appeals committee is failing to do its job as the original question seems to me as being directed at the appeals committee and not the board.

Second, no, the board is not an autonomous body with no accountability to the community. Indeed, the board is elected by the resource members of AfriNIC who make up part of this community and the board is elected to act on behalf of the community in the management and strategic direction of AfriNIC.

I applaud Sunday’s efforts to look into the problem here and look forward to his reply to the community.

Owen