[rpd] Appeal against softlanding-bis declaration of consensus

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Thu Jan 4 19:20:30 UTC 2018

That is not accurate, the MAXIMUM an organisation can get in a 24 month period in phase 1 is a /18 under this policy, as per this:

5.4.6.1 Within any 24-month period during Exhaustion Phase 1, an organization may receive one or more allocations/assignments totalling the equivalent of a /18.

That creates a fundamental problem for any organisation that requires a lot more than a /18 in 24 months – and a /18 is a tiny amount of space – that’s probably a months burn rate for us at the moment.  So what happens once I’ve hit 100% and can’t get anymore? Where do I get space since this community won’t pass a transfer policy that gives me access to the global secondary markets?

Andrew